Sunday, May 10, 2009

Black Beetle Blue Print?

Black Beetle
Hello Pulp Friends,

Crazy busy on the American Idol "artwork" (tune in at 8 pm ET on Wed May 13th on FOX to see what I have been cooking ;)) but I thought to share this old "blueprint" of Black Beetle: a turnaround of our guy done a few years back.
Hope you guys dig it. :D
Click on the image for a bigger version.

Have a great Pulp Sunday and Happy Mother's Day everyone :)

Cheers,
Francesco

All images © 2009 Francesco Francavilla.
BLACK BEETLE & COLT CITY created by, ™ and © 2009 Francesco Francavilla

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First Comment! Ha!
I've been away for a while, and apparently I've missed some great art! (Wasn't the new Trek great, by the way?)
I love the cape design you've got going here for BB, Francesco...and how you can turn a quick sketch into a pulp-noir piece of beauty!
Comic Idol, eh?) Hmm....
-Dave

Unknown said...

very cool cape mate

Francesco Francavilla said...

Dave: thank you :D Glad you liked the design and you are way too kind :) I haven't had chance to go to see the movie yet but I will fix that soon.
Slavi: Grazie mille! :)

Cheers,
Francesco