Thursday, June 25, 2009

BB & Heroes

Black Beetle: No Way Out Cover
Hello Pulp friends :)

Heroes was (once again) a great show for me (thanks to all who commissioned me convention sketches and bought my books and prints) and for Black Beetle too: I sold out of the 30 copies I brought with me at the show (10 de-luxe and 20 regular). Everyone was picking up the sample ashcan I had on my table and ask the same question: "When it's coming out?" :D
I think our BB has definitely made an impression on the crowd at the show :)

I had a couple of BB requests (convention sketches - above is one of them) and had collegues and friends doing some BB fanart/homage as well (our own Dave Flora actually did his way before the show :)), a couple of them with a smiling BB :).
Steve Epting, Dave Flora, Brad Millette, Manuel Aguillera, Cory Laub: thank you so much, guys, it's always cool to see the different takes on our new pulp hero :)
I gave all of them the old paper treatment and posted below for all to see :D

I will be shipping some more ashcans and prints soon to those who ordered via blog/website - thank you again for the support and for diggin Black Beetle :) Anybody else who's interested in a copy of the ashcan, please email me with your choice (regulare or deluxe) and I will take care of you (as long I still have copies available).

Stay tuned for this Sunday next BB page!


Black Beetle

Black Beetle

Black Beetle

Black Beetle

Black Beetle

All images © 2009 respective Authors.
BLACK BEETLE & COLT CITY created by, ™ and © 2009 Francesco Francavilla


slavi said...

Mate i cant wait too see more of BB
i wonder what will happen on ComicCon in San Diego if you go there maybe some publisher will take BB for a run

Dave_Flora said...

The many faces of the Black Beetle!) I'm glad to be have a part...I'll have a better drawing of BB soon!
You've done a great job of creating a very iconic and easily recognizable character here, wonder people are excited!
I'm going to enjoy my ashcan!)

Steve Epting said...

Great to meet you last weekend Francesco, and thanks for the ashcan - I love it! I can't wait to see where you go with The Black Beetle.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Slavi: thank you :) Good things will happen, regardless of the publisher :)
Dave: Thank you! :) Can't wait to see your next take on BB (the first was already pretty awesome :)). Book should ship tomorrow so stay tuned.
Steve: It was wonderful to meet you too, Steve. Too bad that the show was so busy and we didn't get to chat a little longer but I am hoping to fix that in SD :) Glad you enjoyed the book and thanks again for the beautiful cool BB sketch :)