Sunday, October 26, 2008

SotW: Asa Vajda

Modern Pulp Comics

Hi guys,

Halloween is just a few days away so I decided to start a countdown, here on Pulp Sunday, featuring every day a different Witch: what better than this to celebrate the night of Ognissanti? This way I will also make up for the lack of my posts in here in the last couple of weeks ;)
Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the new feature called: The Sisterhood of the Witches!

Black Sunday
SO to start the countdown, and being today Sunday, and being this Pulp Sunday ;), the choice was an easy one: Black Sunday (or La Maschera del Demonio, in its original title). Directed by Mario Bava, features the evil witch Asa Vayda and a creepy variation of the Iron Maiden (the mask in the title). Pretty scary movie, shot in a wonderful gothic style :)
Make sure to be back tomorrow for a new witch and have some true pulp scares everyone :)


"Sisterhood of the Witches" © 2008 Francesco Francavilla


Dave_Flora said...

How the heck do you do these fantastic pieces so quickly? However you do it, please do more! This is going to be one great countdown...)

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Dave :) When I have fun, I can get pretty quick at drawing ;)
Hope you dig the new witch I just posted.