Sunday, February 22, 2009
He is back! :)
ANd he's pretty piss'd too ;)
And I will be back to do some old radio episode next week - just trying to wrap up a couple of books here :P
Have a great Pulp Sunday my friends.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
"Strange things happen
in the darkest nights.
Strange things like
the one that happened to Charlie,
just when he thought everything
and everyone was lost".
~~~ Opening Doors Into The Darkness ~~~
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Hello Pulp friends,
I thought to share the process of Scalped page 1 for those of you who enjoy the making-of or who like this book :)
First I do a quick sketch for the page. Once approved I pencil the page on the official board and then ink it. I managed to take a (very poorly made) photo of the inking stage (below).
Hope you enjoy it since I am planning to show another couple of pages (if I get the OK to do so ;))
Sunday, February 8, 2009
"Crime Does Not Pay! The SHadow Knows!!!"
Yeah, it's good to remember that every now and then ;)
Hello Pulp Friends,
you know what happens when you put together an old lady who is not that harmless and innocent as she looks (and who has a passion for nickels and murders ;)), his son who is running quite a shady business, a bunch of rats which are as big as cats, the dirty and rundown hoods close to the river, and the Shadow?
Well, listen to the below episode to find out ;)
Enjoy the show and have a great (pulp) Sunday!
Listen to this Episode
Thursday, February 5, 2009
This is a little sketch of the Spirit I did on the back of my Chiaroscuro sketchbook as part of a little art trade with the good and talented Evan Shaner (his blog). In return he drew me the holy trinity of Pulp: The SHadow, Green Hornet, and the SPider. 3 vs 1... clearly Evan won this one ;) (good for me in this case ;))
Click on the image to see it with some colors I just put on it this morning.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I am sorry about not having any illustrated radio show today, but I am juggling three projects under tight deadlines and the spare time is very little. Hope you all forgive me.
But I didn't want this Sunday go without a little piece of Pulp (just a 5% - I know the Superbowl has taken the remaining 95% of this SUnday ;)) so here are the original washes for my cover to Zorro #14, this month in previews for pre-orders.
And if you click on it, you will see the final color version that went to print.
Hope you guys like it :)