Friday, June 3, 2011

U.S.R.A.'s RT-24 in "3D" ;)

Click on the image for the larger view!!!
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012

Hello Pulp Friends,

I am kinda new to this sculpting this so apologies in advance for anything that might offend professional sculptors :)
I recently bought some clay-like material (have been wanting to try scultping for a while now) and finally got around doing something today, putting my "sick time" to a good use, I hope.

I give you the U.S.R.A. RT-24's head This is 15/20 min of work, just the beginning. Planning to smooth it up a bit and do upper chest (kinda bust) but I hope you like what you see so far :)

EDIT: started to put the 3d model to a good use and did this quick shot of an RT-24 this morning. Having a model, specially with a robot, will help tremendously in the making of the pages. Hope you guys dig it.

Cheers,
Francesco

U.S.R.A. (United States Robot Army) created, TM & © 2010-2011 Francesco Francavilla.
Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

Click on the image for the larger view!!!
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012
Click on the image for the larger view!!!
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012
U.S.R.A. ~ Coming in 2012

1 comment:

Industrial Helix said...

My advice is to skip the clay and find yourself some styrene and super glue.

Check out this guys work, I think he's got the same feel you want to be going for. He did an Iron Man 1944 that might be inspiring:

http://glorbes.blogspot.com/2009/01/1944-project-iron-man.html