Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pulp Screen: "Earth Versus the Flying Saucers", 1956

Pulp Screen
Helo Pulp Friends,

while we wait to find some other radio show to be the subject of my Sunday illustrations (apparently the Shadow episodes have been taken down from the Archive), let's keep it going with some more classic Sci-Fi cult.
This time it's the turn of "Earth Versus the Flying Saucers", from director Fred F. Sears.
Well, the title is pretty self-explanatory ;) I wanted to add that the movie had some cool special effect thanks to magician Ray Harryhausen, and that Tim Burton tribute the flying saucers showing perfect replicas in his Mars Attacks!

Cheers,
Francesco

Edit: OK, had some time to put some color on it so click on the image for the Technicolor version ;)

King Kong

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't had the opportunity to see this movie yet (I know, I know!), but that color version of yours in particular makes me want to jump up and leave work to watch it!
Well...all kinds of things make me want to jump up and leave work, but still....)

-Dave

Dominic Bugatto said...

Great work. Really diggin' this blog.

Chad Carter said...

I've never seen the movie either, among the thousands I have seen. Of course I'm embarrassed. But this poster is awesome. As usual, your framing is dynamic and superior, FF.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Dave: HA! Yeah, I know what you mean ;) Thanks for the kind comment :)
Dominic: welcome and thank you so much for the diggin' :)
Chad: I wish they were still making this kind of movies... so I can do a poster for it ;) Thank you! :)

Cheers,
Francesco