Friday, October 9, 2009

Hammerin' Fears: "Scream of Fear" (1961)

Hammerin' Fears
Hello, Pulp Friends,

we interrupt Twilight Zone for one day (it will be back tomorrow and, maybe, next week too :)) to air our Hammer Friday feature.

Today's Hammerin Fear is "Scream of Fear" (originally "Taste of Fear"), a Hammer production from 1961 featuring Susan Strasberg and Cristopher Lee. A little thriller with a disappearing (and reappering) corpse and a girl forced in a wheelchair and a bunch of sinister characters who seem to try to get rid of the girl at any cost. Sounds good, doesn't it? :D

Buona Visione and have a Pulp Friday everyone! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Scream of Fear


Artwork © 2009 Francesco Francavilla.
"Hammerin' Fears" and "The Vault of Fear" © and TM 2009 Francesco Francavilla.

4 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

Susan Strasberg was one of those actresses that just never really appealed to me. Her presence in any film would usually steer me clear of it, so it is no surprise that I've not seen this picture.

Still the subject matter makes for a cool piece of artwork by Francesco, and maybe if I get a chance one day, I will give it a look see after all.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Chuck, glad you dig it even if you are not a fan of the actress :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Drake said...

Hey Francesco, I just had to say how striking this image was, I saw it on the boards but didn't comment there. It stuck with me all the next day, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it.

Drake

Francesco Francavilla said...

Hi Drake,
thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment, I really appreciate it :)

Cheers,
Francesco