Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Twilight Zone "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (1963)

The Twilight Zone: NIghtmare at 20,000 Feet
“click on the image for bigger Gremlin ;)

Hello Pulp friends :)

The Twilight Zone is back! And William Shatner is back too!!
This time he is dealing with what I think is the fattest gremlin I have ever seen. I had some hard time to make this guy look scary, even if I would be indeed helluva scared like Shatner if I was sitting in the airplane and this guy is messing with one of the engines ;)

Fun facts:
1) I like that the overhead lugguge compartments are open (a shelf, practically): airplanes must have been really smooth at that time. :D
2) I like that the signal says to not smoke during take off and landing, instead of the modern "do not use electronic devices during take-off and landing": times have really changed ;)
3) Finally, I like that if you need a gun to shoot a gremlin, the guy behind you just happens to have one on his belt (while taking a nap ;))

Written by Richard Matheson and directed by Richard Donner.

Let's see if I manage to do 50 tributes to The Twilight Zone in the weeks/months ahead: that would be a nice way to celebrate the 50th year anniversary :)

Cheers,
Francesco

All images © 2009 Francesco Francavilla

2 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

That looks spot on to me.

Francesco Francavilla said...

ANd I hope it looks just a tad scarier than the orignal one too ;)
Thanks, Chuck :)