Friday, October 2, 2009

Hammerin' Fears: "The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas" (1957)

Hammerin' Fears
Hello, Pulp Friends,

due to an unexpected tie between HAMMER OKTOBER and BLOODY PULP, I decided to tackle both topics: hope you guys don't mind me doing so ;)

The title Hammer Oktober has morphed in HAMMERIN' FEARS and will run every Friday in October. Bloody Pulp has morphed into THE VAULT OF FEAR and will run every Sunday (yep, a Bloody Pulp Sunday! :D)

To start, here's a classic from HAMMER Films: "The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas" (1957), directed by Val Guest and starring Forrest Tucker and Peter Cushing.

Buona Visione and have a Pulp Friday everyone! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

The Abominable Snowman of


Artwork © 2009 Francesco Francavilla.
"Hammerin' Fears" and "The Vault of Fear" © and TM 2009 Francesco Francavilla.

10 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

Cool artwork.

Cool movie. Peter Cushing and Forrest Tucker starred if I'm remembering correctly.

Craig Zablo said...

We're off to a great start with a two-fer!

Francesco Francavilla said...

Chuck: thank you and yes, you remember correctly, sir :)
Craig: Thanks! Let's hope I can keep it up - I have a busy month ahead ;)

Cheers,
Francesco

Francesco Francavilla said...

oops, I forgot to mention that I also added the trailer for the movie to the post and I will be doing the same with the next installments of HAMMERIN' FEARS.
Hope you guys dig the addition :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Jake said...

You knocked that poster out of the park!

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Jake, I am warming up ;)

Cheers,
Francesco

SIMON said...

Genius. :)

Francesco Francavilla said...

You make me blush now, Simon :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Britt Reid said...

Any chance for any of the three Quatermass films or "X the Unknown"?

Francesco Francavilla said...

Yep, Britt, Quatermass is on the list for this month :)

Cheers,
Francesco