Saturday, February 13, 2010

Green Hornet #2 Cover

Green Hornet Year One #2 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

I can finally reveal my cover for issue 2 of the Green Hornet Year One series :)

When Dynamite asked me to provide alternate covers to Matt Wagner's GH Year One books, I decided to give to this whole run (of covers) a pulpy, old movie poster feel to it. Hope you guys are digging it becuase there will be more in that style where this is from :)
Green Hornet Year One #2 will be in stores in May so look for it in March's Previews.

Can't wait to show some of the colors I have done on interiros of #1.

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

8 comments:

Tom Floyd said...

Sweet!!!
I will be buying this 'year one'
you can keep the updated version series. I will stick with the classic Green Hornet.

Brian Meredith said...

That is fantastic!

James Clayton said...

When old-school movie poster looks so classy, why not?

Beautiful stuff as ever!

Britt Reid said...

Beautiful!
Evokes the "feel" of the actual posters for the two GH serials!

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you so much, Vic, Tom, Brian, James, and Britt: I am so happy you guys dig the pulpy old movie poster approach :D
I am working on the cover for issue 3 and can't wait to share that as well.

Cheers,
Francesco

Ilia said...

this is great as well. you have left the Shadow miles behind with these iconic Green Lantern and Kato images.

Ilia said...

cough cough green hornet not lantern...:)

Francesco Francavilla said...

HA! Thank you, Ilia. I am still trying to get on some Shadow comic so I can do some new kickass Shadow cover too ;)

Cheers,
Francesco