Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Planet of DOOM!

Johnny Recon in PLANET OF DOOM

Click on the above and below illo for LARGER views.

Hello Pulp Friends,

First please let me apologize for the missing KARA BOCEK episode this past Sunday: I was out of house most of the day and couldn't finish the page in time. To make up for that, if all goes smoothly, we my have double page next Sunday :)

Meanwhile here's my latest COMIC TWART contribution: "Johnny Recon" created by fellow Twartist Mitch Gerads and his good freind Scott Dillon.
This was fun to draw and reminded me of the good times I had while drawing Fear Agent a couple of years ago (Rick, when am I up again for a one shot? ;))
Pure Pulp Sci Fi Fun :D
Below the original inks before color and type treatment.

Cheers and stay warm,
Francesco

Johnny Recon in PLANET OF DOOM

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This piece is unbelievable, as most of yours are. I'm sure Mitch's eyes bugged out when he saw your take on his character. I'm being nosy, but I've got to know; do you ink with a brush and dip pens, or are you going only brush? You're work is very inspiring to me.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you so much, Oran, glad you enjoyed this particual "poster" :)
I was used to ink only with nibs a long time ago, then I converted myself to brush (which is mainly what I use these days). Of course I learned to use (and love) also other tools like the pitt pens, Kuroichi brush pens, and of course wacom pen :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Dominic Bugatto said...

Damn that's fine!

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Dominic :D

Cheers,
Francesco