Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Tribute to O'Donnell

Death Dealer
(click on the above image for a larger view)

Hello Pulp friends,

as mentioned earlier this week, I wanted to do also a tribute piece for O'Donnell, but when I saw my dear Friend Steve Gordon's beutiful Modesty Blaise, I asked him if I could ink it(I love inking Steve's work every now and then, and I haven't done it since our Gen 13 illos), and he graciously said yes.
Of course, being me, I went a little far than just inking Steve's piece, and the result is the above "copertina" :)
Hope you enjoy it. Below are Steve's awesome pencils.

This is dedicated to you, Peter: thanks for your beautiful work.


Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla & STeven E. Gordon

Modesty Blaise


Chris said...

Fantastic, as always!

James Clayton said...

Beautiful. All your tributes to both O'Donnell and Frank Frazetta have been a credit to their memory.



Chuck Wells said...

God bless America!! That is sexy, exciting and just nice to look at.

Great work on these tributes, man.

Chrissie A said...

That is just wonderful. Wow.

Lovely tribute, and a terrific Modesty!

bish8 said...

You've done Modesty proud!