Sunday, December 19, 2010

HellBoy - The Fury #1 Variant Cover

Sherlock Holmes Year One #2 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

I can finally spill the beans on another cool cover gig I have been working on recently: a set of four variant covers for Mike Mignola and Dark Horse on Hellboy related book that will be out in 2011.
I can't even start to describe how excited and honored I am to be working on Mike's own creations: I have been fan of Mike and the Big Red since ever so this is a little dream coming true :)
The first cover has been recently revealed so it's safe now to post it in here too, since the look and feel I have been given these is pulp/vintage paperback.
So here's the variant cover for THE FURY #1: hope you guys dig it :)

Tune in all week for a Pulp Xmas: I will be posting something new every day and will have a full story on the 24th, just in time to celebrate the holidays in a pulpy spirit :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

7 comments:

Brian said...

I was thrilled for you when I saw the cover posted.

Congratulations, it could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Deka Black said...

Love the paperback feel of the image ;)

Tome Wilson said...

I love that you can blend Mignola's style with your own in such a seemless way. There are a lot of people who try to emulate Mignola and they usually come off as a poor copy of the original.

You, sir, not only do Mignola well, but can add your own flair without destroying the original.

Can't wait to see it on the stands!

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Congratulations! This has taken over the top spot as a personal favorite. Great stuff

Dave said...

Amazing work on this one... Love it!

Mark said...

Are you doing all the covers for The Fury or just one variant for the first issue?

Alexis Barattin said...

Your work is truly beautiful.