Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lone Ranger #8, The Shadow #1, and the EAGLE Awards!

The Lone Ranger #8 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp friends,

I can finally reveal my most recent cover for LONE RANGER. I can't say enough of how good this book is: writer Ande Parks and artist Esteve Polls are delivering a great read every single month, and I am just happy to be part of this great book by providing the covers :)

And now onto some other great news: 

Eagle Awards 2012
EAGLE AWARDS 2012

I was informed I won the EAGLE Award for the Best New Artist category!  :)
I feel honored and humbled to be rewarded with such a prestigious award. Thank you all for voting me and for the continuing love and support: I really appreciate it :)
And congrats to all the other winners and all the nominees: many good friends among them and they are all winners to my eyes :)

The Shadow #1 2nd Printing Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Finally, another bit of cool news.  
THE SHADOW #1 is sold out and goes back to print. The 2nd printing will spot the above cover from yours truly.
Here's an aextract from Dynamite's press release:

"The Shadow #1 has sold out through Diamond Comics Distributors, and we're going to a second printing on #1.  The second printing cover for The Shadow #1 will feature a brand-new cover by Eisner nominated cover artist, Francesco Francavilla!
Meanwhile, The Shadow #2 is nearly sold out and will have a second printing upon it selling-out!  And when we release the 2nd print cover to The Shadow #2, it will also feature a new cover by Francesco Francavilla!"


So look  forward to pick up this cover at the regular cover price in all the stores around the Country :)

Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend and a great Pulp Sunday, everyone :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2012 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Grats! You certainly deserve the award.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you so much, Charles, I was very happy and honored to hear the news :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Batou said...

Congratulations on your award for your hard work, sir!

Francesco Francavilla said...

THank you, RF :)

Cheers,
Francesco