Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Green Hornet Year One #6 Cover

Green Hornet Year One #6 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

With the new Green Hornet movie trailer hitting the web, I thought it was appropriate to show my cover for Green Hornet Year One #6 which is solicited in Luly's Previews (in stores tomorrow).

As you know, I tried to give a movie poster feel to the whole run of covers for this arc, and since this is the conclusion of the first arc, I thought to include some credits on the cover as well, just like you would see on a movie poster :)
Hope you guys dig it :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

Britt Reid said...

"Dig it" is putting it mildly!
Beautiful job!
Will they replace the hand-lettering with type or let it stand as-is?
(personally, I'd leave the lettering!)

Deka Black said...

I like it. The feel you search jump to the eyes like a mad toad ;)

dicecipher said...

Yeah I dig it a lot. Really capturing the feel of the original Green Hornet.

Chuck Wells said...

Oh, damn! I really like this one, Francesco.

Way to go!!