Sunday, August 15, 2010

Skeleton Cases

Detective Comics
~~ Click on the above and below images for a bigger view ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

with great excitement I can finally reveal that I will be part of the new Detective Comics creative team, along with talented writer Scott "American Vampire" Snyder, talented artist Jock (of Losers fame and phenomenal cover artist of one of my fave book, SCALPED), talented colorist David Baron, and super editor Mike Marts and assistant editor Janelle Siegel.
I will be drawing the co-feature focusing on Commissioner Gordon and a mysterious but dangerous figure from his past. It's gonna be a thrilling arc!

Couldn't be more excited about this.

Here's a link tot he DC annoucement and below is a shot Gordon story I did for the occasion :)

Book is slated for November relase: will make sure to give more details as we get closer :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla.
Detective Comics ™ and © 2010 DC Comics. All rights reserved.


Detective Comics

9 comments:

Lew Smith said...

That's awesome, Francesco!

Deka Black said...

Congratulations Francesco! Yesterday i was reading the new in a Spain web, and i was saying to my friend: "eh! i know hiom, is the guy from Zorro and Kara Bocek! ;)

btw: Gordon looks like my dad. Only with less weight

Tome Wilson said...

This is excellent news, Francesco!

You know the inspirations behind the Batman, so I think you're a perfect fit. Good luck!

-Tome

Britt Reid said...

Congratulations!
Detective Comics is a marquee title, and with your pulp/noir-influenced style, you're just the guy to do it justice!
Best of luck!

Paul Bishop said...

Excellent news! I'll be there to see it all unfold...

Dominic Bugatto said...

Congrats , nice strip .

rory said...

Awesome news! Congrats!

Brian said...

Jim Gordon could not be in better hands.

Congratulations.

Chuck Wells said...

Hey, congratulations! I can't wait to check that out.