Thursday, October 7, 2010

31 Days of Halloween ~ 7: The Mummy

31 Days of Halloween: The Mummy
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

It's day 7 of our classic horror marathon, and do I even need to introduce today's feature? ;) "THE MUMMY"!

The Mummy
USA, 1932
directed by Karl Freund
starring: Boris Karloff, Zita Johann, David Manners, Edward Van Sloan

Thanks to the reading of the sacred papyrus of Toth, an ancient mummy comes back to life. The mummy tries to reunite with its beloved princess by sacrificing the woman who is the modern reincarnation, but it will be stopped thanks to a prayer to the statue of Isis . Extraordinary horror with romantic mood.


Hope you guys enjoy it and enjoy this Anubis Guard design I did when I illustrated a book about mummies (some time ago) :)

Cheers,
Francesco

~!~ BONUS CHILL! ~!~

Anubis Guard
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

1 comment:

James Clayton said...

I love The Mummy and I think the thing I like about it most is the fact that it is Karloff at his most creepy - that wrinkled face is bloody scary.

As such, it goes without saying that I love this Francesco and I love this series. Brilliant stuff! :D