Friday, January 27, 2012

The Shadow Knows!

THE SHADOW
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

Those of you who have been following Pulp SUnday since day one know that I started this blog with the old radio shows of THE SHADOW and providing lobby card art to go with each episode. So you know how much I love this pulp icon, right?
Well, I am VERY excited to announce that I will be providing covers for the new THE SHADOW series at Dynamite, written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Aaron Campbell :)
The above is not a cover, or not exactly a cover (more like a tease from a cover ;)) but I can't wait to show you what I have been cooking for this.

Stay tuned in for more details coming soon :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2012 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

Tome Wilson said...

That's pretty awesome, Francesco.

We just started rebroadcasting the old shows on our website on Two-Fisted Tuesdays. I forgot that Orson Welles was the original voice.

Denver Brubaker said...

I love "The Shadow" OTR shows and listen to them religiously while working on my own comic TALES OF A CHECKERED MAN. Can't wait to check out this new series!

Bill said...

That's fantastic news, Francesco! I look forward to seeing your new Shadow covers!

Ilia said...

Excited to hear that you are doing a cover. I hope they are pencil sketched initially.

It has been a long time coming. Your lobby cards were great. Your Shadow daily newspaper awesome, and of course the commission you did for me out of this world.

Bring it on.

Ilia